The week 9 edition:
Your baby, as tiny as a cherry, is looking more human by the week. The spinal cord tail has now disappeared! The head is more upright. The four chambers of the heart are formed and the baby’s placenta has matured enough to produce hormones. Your baby is about 2.5 cm.
Here is an extensive list of everything your baby has been upto this week:
- The four chambers of the heart have been formed.
- The baby’s head is more upright.
- Teeth may start budding in the gum.
- The placenta is now secreting hormones.
- Pupils may form in the eye.
- Some muscles are getting added onto the baby’s body. However, it will take a couple more months for you to feel the kicks and punches!
- Those tiny little things at the bottom end, they are the toes. Can you see them?
Track your growth at week 9:
No symptom is also a symptom. If you’ve been feeling out of it and tired, get a grip on all your chores. Take some time off and dress cosy. Sleep on your tummy, till you can afford to, we know it’s your favourite position to lay in. Fight constipation and heartburn by eating right and going for a walk or doing yoga, on a daily basis. Be it a bad sinus or migraine, you can manage the symptoms- by drinking enough water.
Here is a list of symptoms you may see this week:
- Food aversions are a side effect of rapidly growing estrogen levels in your body.
- Constipation and bloating seem to follow you wherever you go. Eat smaller interspersed meals than a hefty one at a go.
- You may run to the washroom very often.
- You have been salivating excessively.
- Your breasts are growing and they are growing to be ultra sensitive and tender. It’s time to go bra shopping!