The Week 8 edition:
This kidney bean of yours, has a network of nerves running to and fro connecting to each other and organs to muscles. The feet and fingers are webbed and your baby’s eyes and ears are being formed. You can see the tip of its nose and the other respiratory organs are also developing. It measures 1.27 cm from crown to rump (about the size of a kidney bean).
Here is an extensive list of everything your baby has been upto this week:
- Your baby has webbed feet and palms.
- The heart is beating 150- 170 times a minute.
- The respiratory system develops as the windpipe falls from the throat to the developing lungs.
- A network of nerves is being established to connect all the different organs and muscles, tissues together.
- The retina may be formed behind the shut eyes.
- Whatever little human you can see in the baby, is because of its developing face. You can see the eyes moving in position and the tip of the nose is visible too!
- The ears are taking their final birth form. Your baby will be able to hear you soon enough!
Track your growth at Week 8:
This period will be marked with facial acne. The only thing you can control right now is your food intake and the upkeep of your ever-growing body. Meditate or add some light stretches. Reach out to your loved ones to relieve you of the uncertainty and fear you may be feeling presently! Start keeping a tab of your belly growth, it’s fun!
Here is a list of symptoms you may see this week:
- Cramping may come on early. Some women may feel their uterus tightening at this stage, others may feel it later on.
- Hormonal flare ups may lead to acne outbreaks. Do not worry.
- Abdominal bloating and pain will persist all throughout.
- Vaginal discharge may increase and as long as doesn’t have a foul odor all is well.
- Ginger curbs nausea and vomiting. Devour ginger cookies, ginger ale and other goodies! How about some ginger tea!