The week 7 edition:
A lot of things are happening this week. The umbilical cord for starters is officially a part of your womb! Your baby’s facial features, fingers , toes all are getting refined this week. By the end of which, they will have a more well defined face and fingers and toes! The other parts of the body like the tummy, oesophagus and main parts of the eye are all developing. It has come a long way from looking like a poppy seed to a blueberry, measuring 1.27cm from head to its newly formed toes!
Here is an extensive list of everything your baby is up to this week:
- Organs like the stomach, kidney and oesophagus are getting formed.
- Same with the pancreas and livers.
- The baby’s face is getting a more defined shape now with the mouth, eyes and nose coming together.
- The major eye parts like the optic nerve, pupil, iris, cornea, lens etc will start forming this week.
- Bones are forming too!
- You can see the baby’s toes and fingers forming. They are not webbed buds anymore!
Track your growth at week 7:
Much like last week, you are susceptible to cramping, nausea, excessive salivating and crankiness. Your sense of smell has heightened and food aversions are confusing. eating often, little by little is your new best friend. Leave no stone unturned in the communication department. Voice out your fears and anxieties if you are feeling them! Buck up and give yourself a pat on the back because the wee stages can be a tad bit tiring to cope with!
Here is a list of symptoms you may see this week:
- The saliva pooling in your mouth should end with this trimester.
- You may feel a burning sensation in your tummy after eating.
- This heartburn or indigestion is a result of pregnancy. Do not worry.
- Ask your partner or a family member to keep bringing you food and eat a couple of bites even if you don’t feel hungry
- You are able to smell a lot many things now, this is because your nose has become extra sensitive.
- Frequent urination is very common and may keep you up at night.