The week 6 edition:
Look who has a face! Your baby’s mouth, nose, eyes and jawline are being formed. The heart beats around 80- 160 minutes a day! You can see it in your ultrasound now, if you go for one. Its hands and feet have these small buds at their extremities, that’ll soon grow into fingers and toes respectively. Your baby, with the size of a green pea, can be measured finally! It’s about 0.6 cm from its crown to rump.
Here is an extensive list of everything your baby is up to this week:
- The baby’s liver starts to produce blood cells (2, 3)
- Small buds are seen at the ends of the hands and legs.They are webbed and look like “tiny paddles”!
- Guess who will have a jawline soon with mouth, eyes and a nose? Yes, it is your baby, It’s face gets more defined this week.
Track your growth at week 6:
You find yourself running to the washroom at the get go because your growing uterus is putting pressure on your bladder. The breasts are only getting bigger and your patience, thin. Amongst this all, fatigue punches in like nothing else! How do you lift up your spirits when you feel bloated and sick? You meditate, take a short stroll. Eat anything that appeals to you, eat often. Showing yourself some love and afternoon naps can be a good idea if you can take a break from your daily routine and work.
Here is a list of symptoms you may see this week:
- Eat something like seeds, nuts or crackers just as you wake up and before you brush your teeth- that may help with the nausea.
- You may feel constipated and bloated. The change in diet and messed up sleep cycles can leave your digestive tract confused.
- Your nipples are looking perky and your breasts are growing by the week.
- This is what a roller coaster of emotions feels like, you find yourself flipping switches like it’s nobody’s business. It’s a good thing that you have your hormones to blame for it!