The Week 39 edition:
You have earned a “full-term” baby for yourself, who is so healthy! Your baby weighs about ~3.2 kg and is ~50.8cm tall, and is the size of a pumpkin. Though the body won’t grow after this, Its brain continues to grow at an astonishing rate! The brain is 40% bigger than what it was four weeks back. The baby’s skin is white, irrespective of its skin colour. It continues to plump up!
Here is a well-rounded list of what your” full-blown” baby is up to this week:
- The baby’s skin colour changes from pinkish to white.
- Fat is adding onto their skin, keeping it warm.
- The baby’s brain is growing at a rapid rate.
- Your baby may be able to cry and communicate with you!
Track your growth at week 39:
You are nearing the end or beginning should we say? Keep tracking your baby’s movements and read up about life after birth. By this point you must be aware of all possible labour signs, ignore them as long as you can. You may feel done with pregnancy and are looking forward to meeting your baby. If frustrations arise, know that the last few weeks, the baby is getting ready to thrive after birth. You will meet your baby in the next few weeks in person. Hope you have sufficiently stocked up on home goods, things to keep you entertained and nursing bras!
Here is the list of changes in your body this week:
- Your breast may leak colostrum.
- The pelvic cramps are getting more frequent. They may come in a pattern for a few hours, especially at night thinking you are in labour, but may go away too. Know that every sensation counts and is making your body more ready for labour.
- Your baby continues to kick with its head down.
- Hemorrhoids, indigestion, heartburn and constipation may be hanging around. They will go away after birth.