The Week 21 edition:
Look who’s alive and kicking with its perfectly proportionate hands and legs. Yes, it is your baby! Your baby’s fingers and toes are completely formed. They drink, swallow and pee amniotic fluid which helps the taste buds become more active. It is as big as a carrot now and measures 26.67 cm from head to toe with a weight of 361 grams.
Here is a comprehensive list of everything your baby has been up to this week:
- The baby drinks the amniotic fluid in small quantities.
- The taste buds are developing.
- Red blood cells are forming rapidly. The bone marrow is now strong enough to help the spleen and liver Your baby’s legs and hands are now in proportion. Can you feel it jumping inside you yet?
- Not only this, with the fingers and toes formed, there’s a new fingerprint.
Track your growth at Week 21:
Show off your baby bump! Varicose and spider veins are a recurrence in women who have had multiple pregnancies. If you feel like snacking, go ahead and do it, remember focusing on proteins and fats. Use as many pillows as you need in bed to get comfortable. Just because you’ve started to look pregnant does not mean you get anxious about you being a mom. Relieve the anxiety you may feel by talking to your loved ones. They’ll surely have a lot to say!
Here is a list of symptoms you may see this week:
- Your appetite is only increasing but you can only eat small quantities often.
- As a result of this you may feel bloated and gassy. Increase probiotics like curd, yoghurt, kefir in your diet.
- If your back aches, give it some rest. Move more mindfully.
- Your nails and hair are growing bigger at a very fast pace.
- Stretch marks are inevitable. You look gorgeous, nonetheless!