The Week 15 edition:
Your baby’s skeleton has begun to ossify. Let’s just say that if you were to get an X- ray today you would be able to see the skeleton of this tiny creature in you! They weigh 70 grams, measure 10.16 cm from head to toe, and are about the size of an apple. Everything is falling into place, your baby’s eyes and nose and the rest of its body. With longer legs than arms, they are moving around constantly preparing for the outside world, trying to master the actions of sucking and swallowing.
Here is a comprehensive list of everything your baby has been up to this week:
- The baby’s blood vessels are developing and you can see them work right beneath their transparent skin.
- Your baby will be moving a lot as their body is developing.
- The ears and eyes are steadily migrating to their respective places on the baby’s face.
- The bones are forming so much that they can be seen in an X- ray.
- The taste buds are developing.
- You may be able to find out the baby’s sex in your next ultrasound appointment. Not applicable if you are in India.
- Did you know, it’s heart can pump up to 10 pints of blood by now?
Track your growth at Week 15:
It’s time for some weight gain now! As your baby grows bigger and bigger all throughout the second trimester, so will you! Your uterus is the size of a grapefruit and it just rose above the pubic bone. Start moisturizing your belly, coconut oil is a good option. A couple of things you should consider this week are preeclampsia and amniocentesis.
Here is a list of symptoms you may see this week:
- You may be able to feel your baby move. Keep a pregnancy journal to look back at for times like this.
- Headaches come if you are dehydrated, so drink up!
- What comes with it though, is forgetfulness. Don’t remember where you last kept your key? Blame the hormones!