The week 11 edition:
Your baby is no longer an embryo, it is a foetus! Your baby’s fingers and toes are separating now. The head comprises half the height of your baby. The skin is still very thin and transparent. However, the bones are getting harder and muscles are forming! It is the size of a lime, 3.81 cm from crown to rump and weighs merely 7 grams.
Here is an extensive list of everything your baby has been upto this week:
- Bones are getting harder, muscles are developing.
- The skin is still very thin.
- The ears are moving to their respective positions.
- The fingers and toes are taking distinct shape and form.
Track your growth at week 11:
If you hear your tummy rumble, it’s your body asking for food for you and the baby! Your breasts feel tender and you are bloated. Please communicate with your loved ones, ask for care and support. Take care of you and your body, feed it well and keep exercising! Read up more about pregnancy weight gain and pregnancy as a whole! Your blood starts to expand in volume to support the growing placenta and baby!
Here is a list of symptoms you may see this week:
- Breast changes are ongoing. They are growing bigger and tender.
- You will develop food aversions.
- At the same time, you will crave certain foods. Do not consume empty calories.
- You may feel increasingly nauseated.
- Constipation and indigestion are a part and parcel of this pregnancy.
- You find yourself running to the washroom very frequently.
- Fatigue is only normal. You are tired, mentally and physically. Relax, you have got this.
- Bloating and burping is not something you are proud of, But own it, you’ll be a mommy soon!